Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Amir's Graduation Picture

I find it to be incredibly surreal that my oldest boy is getting ready to graduate into junior high school. I still remember when he was a little round toddler who we all called "Meatball." He took a ride with me today, and I couldn't help but think, "gosh, this is really nice" as we drove and then sat with each other, chatting over coffee at Starbucks. I am truly starting to realize what a constant progression the whole parenting road is - your relationship with your children evolves on so many levels as they get older. Despite the occasional drama, tears, and discipline, there is a lot of laughter, hugs, and love, too. I just praise God that I was blessed with the children I have...they are so awesomely different, and each of them brings "that special something" into my life. Congratulations, Amir - I know you will have so many new experiences, and they will only serve to enhance the wonderful character and loving personality that makes you so uniquely "you."

No comments: