Friday, May 8, 2009

Amir's Track Meet

Last year, I discovered that my oldest boy Amir was a pretty awesome runner. Being an avid runner myself, this makes me happy - it's nice to know that I have a potential running buddy in the making! On Thursday, he had his first track meet for the season and did great. He ran the 4 by 100 meter relay, as well as the 4 by 800 meter relay. And of course, being his momma, I screamed my little heart out for him! Watch him go (he is in the lead):

The school did an outstanding job at the meet, and Amir ended up finishing first in his races. Here he is afterwards with one of his good friends, Haleigh:

I can't wait to see what the season holds for him!

2 comments:

Ramon A. Colon-Latorre said...

Man! my dear gradson, I am so proud of you! Keep up the good work and rememnber, just try and do the best you can and you will succeed. Also remember to pray everyday. Jesus loves you and so does Abuela and Papa. Son, you made my day!

Bess said...

Wow! Go Amir!!!